Let’s take you back to elementary school. You’re in the middle of your spelling test and that one word stumps you. You rack your brain and give it your best shot, hoping not to see a red X on your paper in the future.
But what about now? With spell check and autocorrect, adults rarely have to relive that spelling trauma…until now. At Wekiva Island, we’ve partnered with Florida Man Radio and 103.1 The Wolf to put you to the test again.
Our first ever Adult Spellin’ Bee will take place from 6 to 10 p.m. February 22 at The Island. The winner will receive Bud Light or Bud Light Seltzer for ONE YEAR! You can register to win a spot in the Bee here, but EVERYONE can get in on the fun! This is going to be a light-hearted night of laughs, so be sure to join us to cheer on the spellers.
In the meantime, we want to test your skills with a little spelling quiz of our own.
1. This Florida city is known as the City of Champions, just 22 miles west of Orlando and 22 miles southeast of Leesburg.
a. Clermont b. Claremont c. Clermonte
2. Having a wine night with friends? Your evening isn’t complete without this essential board with assorted meat and cheese.
a. Sharcuterie b. Charcuterie c. Charcutrie
3. After reading about the Adult Spellin’ Bee, you’re _____ coming!
a. Definetly b. Definitely c. Definitley
4. Once you cross that ____ of fun, there’s no turning back.
a. Threshhold b. Treshold c. Threshold
5. Situated on the banks of a river
a. Riparian b. Ripairian c. Reparian
6. River cleanups help with the _____ of litter and pollution.
a. Removeal b. Removel c. Removal
7. Take off the beer goggles. What looks like the best spelling to you?
a. Drunkenness b. Drunkiness c. Drunkeness
8. Winning beer for a year would be nothing but ______!
a. Exhilerating b. Exillerating c. Exhilarating
How did you do on your Adult Spellin’ Test? Let us know and make sure to head down to the Island to support the spellers as they put their spelling skills to the test on February 22. Awards will also be given out to the contestant with the most crowd support, so make sure you cheer on your favorites!
See you there!